Thursday, July 26, 2012

DAILY DROPS ABOUT CONNECTIONS

Good morning, blogger friends:


Praise God, I have some kind of internet connection this morning and so even though I do not feel as prepared as I like to be when I write and post a blog for all the world to see, I'm writing anyway just because I can.  


This is a picture of the pathways/connections in our brains!  we all know how they work sometimes and sometimes they don't!  lol
Connections are strange things!  Sometimes, here in the mountains, I can get through with no problem, but more often than not, I can't. 


I have been thinking about blogging with regard to another important connection - Prayer!  Thank God, it is one connection that only depends on our willingness to turn our hearts toward home and cry out..ET..phone home!
Ancient means of connecting..lol.
The other day I was reading in Isaiah 59 when verse 16 jumped out at me.  It says "the Lord wondered that there was no intercessor."  Imagine, if you can, something that makes the Lord wonder!!!  


I was struck by the promises that followed in verses 19 and 21.  In 21, "As for me," says the Lord,  "this is my covenant with them:  My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants," says the Lord, "from this time and forevermore."  Contrary to what we might think, this promise is for God's people today as well as for Israel.  It is an eternal promise!


Eternal way of connecting with the real power!!
No wonder that God wonders... such awesome promises and so few intercessors to be praying them in and claiming them for their children and grandchildren.  I go so far as to add even the unborn children that will be coming into this family.  And today, I pray for a revelation to all grandparents about the power we have in prayer for our families.  It is the MOST powerful thing we can do!


Now I know what you are thinking... so much opposition in the lives of your loved ones.  All of Hell seems bent on destroying them, right?  Yes, I see the same thing with my physical eyes.  One friend of mine says in our world there exists a flood of words and visual images coming out of the mouth of Satan. I think he means the TV and the internet and other forms of media so prolific today.  I must add that these are not evil in and of themselves.  They often bring good as well.


Yes, the fact is that the flood of evil often comes from various places, no doubt.  But, drop back a couple of verses to verse 16 which states, "when the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him."   Here is another promise of God that may have some of you wondering, where is the fulfillment of it?  It is waiting for our prayers! 


 It is waiting for us to see with our spiritual eyes that which exists in another realm - the will of God!  For an understanding of what I say, read 2 Corinthians 4, the last verse says "the things which we can see are only temporary, but that which we cannot see (that other realm) is eternal."  We lose heart in our praying because when we only see with our physical eyes we become discouraged, naturally!  


A glimpse into the eternal heart of God will go a long way to encourage us.  An careful study of God's word reveals many wonderful promises which we are not seeing come to pass and we wait and we wonder why?  It is because God has called us to be co-creators with Himself by our prayers.  When we see these things that are not according to God's will for our children, we need to say, NO!!!  That is not what God says about my descendants.  He says that His Spirit and His Word will be our standard!  And I choose to stand in agreement with Him!


Jesus defeated the works of the enemy on Calvary!  (1 John 3:8)  But all of the work of Jesus and the promises of God are waiting for our Amen, for us to say "so be it" in our lives and the lives of our loved ones.  In prayer we can declare our agreement with the will of God and scripture says when we pray in accordance with His will we can know that we have what we ask for and can proceed to be thankful for those answers.  (1 John 5:14,15)


The Gap
This is the work of an intercessor - to stand in the gap between what is and what it ought to be.  (Ezekiel 22:30)  "So I sought for a man among them who would make up a hedge/wall/bridge, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found no one."  Our Lord wonders where those people are who can make the connection with Him and, therefore, connect their world with the eternal will of God.


Our prayers are the bridge between what is and what God says it ought to be!
Now it is my belief there are few intercessors, not because people do not care or would not do what they can to change their worlds.  It is because of ignorance!  A lack of teaching on the tools of prayer.  I know I prayed for years, if it be thy will, please do this or this.  Well, we can know what the will of the Lord is by reading His word and we have the authority and power to pray it in!


I wish I could say more, but this blog has gone on long enough.  For some time it has been on my heart to share some of those tools of prayer.  Pray for me that I will be inspired to do so and then will be freed up to do so.  Pray that I will "Rise up, take courage, and do it."


Thank you for your interest and for reading this blog.  And for those of you who have sent comments, I say a deep, heartfelt thank you!  I pray for all of you that the Son is shining with all of His strength in your world today!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Jane! I will count that as real encouragement, coming from you, my writing sister. Blessings on all your hand finds to do today!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful message!!! I DO want to hear more, so gird up your loins and get inspired :*) Thanks for the reminder of 2Cor 4 where we are reminded that what we see here is not REALITY - what God sees and gives us to see IS!!! Gotta keep praying in those promises!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! As always for your words of encouragement and for the many, many times you have joined me in warfare for our descendants!!!! Hasn't it been fun learning how to do that? well, some of us have what would be considered a sort of warped idea of fun. lol. but I know you and I share that too!

      Delete